FUNDING OPTIONS: TRUST MANAGEMENT
Cooperative Funeral Fund, Inc. offers preneed trust services utilizing First State Trust Company (formerly Citigroup Institutional Trust) and Citibank N.A. as the Escrow Agent/Trustee. The trust offers the security of 100% United States Government backed investments typically United States Treasury Bonds (unless state laws stipulate otherwise) and typically held to maturity. U.S. Treasury bonds are debt obligations that are issued by the U.S. Department of Treasury on behalf of the federal government. They are considered one of the safest investments because they are backed by the full faith and credit of the U.S. government.* Funds invested in bank CD's are insured by the FDIC, but are limited in coverage only up to $250,000 per account per bank. U.S. Treasuries cary the full faith and credit of the U.S. government without limit.
A preneed trust account with Cooperative Funeral Fund (CFF) provides the following benefits:
- Personalized Trust Forms
- Receipt letters for each trust placed with CFF
- Annual letter to client
- 100% United States Government backed investments
- Competitively high earnings on client funds
- Preparation and filing of all necessary tax forms. This service is not intended as substitution for professional tax advice from an independent tax professional. CFF strongly encourages consulting your own tax advisors before filing such claims.
- Timely payments of death claims; either electronically deposited into your bank account or mailed to you in check form
- Concise monthly statements showing each account for each beneficiary as well as the funeral home totals: beginning balance, deposits, interest earned, credits, fees and ending balance
- Online access to statement balances and trust details as well as the ability to print Preneed Agreements and Claim Forms through www.CFFHomes.com
- Confirmations correspondence with the Department of Social Services
- All funds deposited in the CFF system at First State Trust Company (formerly Citigroup Institutional Trust) and Citibank N.A. are placed in financial instruments which are guaranteed; either by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, or directly by the United States Government. Funds invested in bank CD's are insured by the FDIC, but are limited in coverage only up to $250,000 per account per bank. U.S. Treasuries carry the full faith and credit of the U.S. government without limit.*
* U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (http://www.investor.gov)