Cooperative Funeral Fund (CFF) is here to help you efficiently manage your preneed funds. Cooperative Funeral Fund Inc.is registered with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission as an Investment Adviser.* CFF services over 1,050 client funeral home and cemetery clients and manages over 540 million dollars in discretionary client assets.
** Known for our customer service, we are proud to have experienced an excellent client retention rate since our inception into the business in 1989. Additional information about CFF may be found on the SEC’s website at www.adviserinfo.sec.gov and at www.CooperativeFuneralFund.com
BENEFITS OF PREFUNDING
PEACE OF MIND
• Leave a written guide to be followed, eliminating stressful guesswork for your loved ones
• Protect your loved ones from the financial burden of paying for your funeral
• Ensure that your final wishes are followed
• Utilize your account at another funeral home should you decide to move to another state
• Interest in the trust is compound interest. Compound interest is calculated not only on the initial principal but also the accumulated interest of prior periods. This means that your account grows faster than with simple interest. Compound interest differs from simple interest in that simple interest is calculated solely as a percentage of the principal sum. Compound interest may offset the effects of inflation and limit the potential of added funeral expenses at the time of need.
• Irrevocable prepaid funeral agreements are currently an allowable transfer and exempt from being counted as part of your assets for those who qualify for state Medicaid or the Social Security Administration’s Supplemental Security Income Program.
Funds for over 80,000 beneficiaries from over 1,050 funeral homes and cemeteries are invested with the goal of limiting the potential of added financial burden on your loved ones at the time of need. Funds are typically invested solely in US treasury bonds (unless state laws stipulate otherwise) which are held to maturity. Interest earned is compounded monthly. Rates are typically higher than a bank savings account or standard certificate of deposit. United States Treasury Bonds are guaranteed by the full faith and credit of the United States government.
Cooperative Funeral Fund, Inc. is also a Managing General Agent for National Guardian Life Insurance Company (NGL). NGL is a successful Wisconsin based mutual life insurance company that was founded in 1910 and is primarily focused on Preneed insurance. Today over 955,000 policy owners rely on NGL to provide for their future needs.+
• A receipt letter from the trustee upon account opening
• Annual 1041, schedule K-1 tax form noting the interest earned on your account
• Confirmation documentation provided for applicable governing Federal and State agencies for SSI, Title 19, and/or state social services
- Registration with the SEC does not imply a certain level of skill or training.
- Assets under management and death care clientele as of 2/13/2018.
- See www.nglic.com for more information on National Guardian Life Insurance Company.