Cooperative Funeral Fund, Inc. (CFF) has been a leader in preneed fund management and account servicing since 1989. We have worked hard to create a program that is easy to use and is focused around your needs. CFF’s custom built sub-accounting system was created with you in mind. We create a level of exposure and access to your client’s preneed accounts that provides visibility to account balances at any given time.
There are no account minimums or membership dues required to join!
Trust Account Creation
- Free personalized agreement forms for Service & Merchandise trusts
- Ability to create Service & Merchandise trust agreements online
- Initiated upon fax receipt of proof of delivery or service or documentation of appropriate maintenance expense
- Claim forms may be printed online
Account Info Access
- Access to account information and monthly statements available online anytime
- Monthly account statements mailed to you by the 3rd business day of each month
- iPhone/iPad Application
- Confirmation correspondence with the Department of Social Services
- Preparation and filing of tax forms
- Receipt letters for each account
- Annual letter to client
Due to the nature of these trusts, CFF generally invests Service and Merchandise funds in the Conservative Income Strategy, although if your state permits, you may invest in any of CFF’s investment options listed under the Cemetery Care section. The Conservative Income Strategy typically invests in US Treasuries and employs a hold to maturity philosophy, returning a more level rate of return and avoiding the peaks and valleys associated with market rate fluctuation.
UNITED STATES TREASURY BONDS:
U.S. Treasury bonds are debt obligations issued by the U.S. Department of Treasury on behalf of the federal government. They carry the full faith and credit of the United States government, making them a safe and popular investment.* Unlike a bank CD that is insured by the FDIC for amounts only up to $250,000, U.S. Treasuries carry the full faith and credit of the United States government without limit.**
*Source: U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (http://www.investor.gov).
**US Treasury Bonds carry risk as with any securities.